Focus and Scope
Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Functional – Structural Plant Models (FSPM2013) to be held9-14 June 2013 in Saariselkä, Finland.
The functional-structural plant models (FSPMs) address the interaction between plant architecture and biological and physical processes driving plant development. They combine plant architecture, molecular genetics, plant physiology, and environmental influences with computer science and mathematics. FSPM2013 will cover all aspects of functional-structural models, including but not limited to:Methods for functional-structural models
- model structures, modelling software, parametrisation, model validation
Plant architecture modelling
- imaging techniques, plant measurement techniques
- molecular genetics of plant development, hormonal signals and development, meristem functions and structure
- resource acquisition processes, autonomy of plant modules, formation of complex structures
- biomechanics and biophysics, plant-environment interactions, microbial symbioses, transport processes, biomass partitioning
Nutrients in plants
- Roots and nutrient acquisition, nutrient transport, nutrient cycle within a plant, nutrient partitioning
Plant community level modelling
- Plant community interactions, plant-animal interactions, competition and facilitation in plant communities
- Crop modelling, tree and forest stand models, plant physiology and ecology, plant phenotyping
Peer Review Process
Extended abstracts of oral presentations (3 pages) and posters (1 page) will be reviewed and commented by two expert reviewers. Based on the recommendations by the reviewers, the abstract and presentation/poster will be accepted, accepted with revision, or rejected.
The number of oral presentations is limited to about 50. Thus, in some cases the International Programme Committee may suggest an oral presentation to be condensed to a poster.
Abstract submission to FSPM2013 begun in September 2012. Submission deadline was in January 2013. Acceptance notification of abstracts were send in April 2013. The proceedings volume will be published early June 2013 and made also available to all participants in an electronic forum in the conference. Updated scheduling information will appear in the conference web site http://www.metla.fi/fspm2013.
Open Access Policy
The FSPM2013 Proceedings provide immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.